YOUR CHAKRA SYSTEM
Why is it Important for me to learn about my Chakras?
The following information is for you to do a self-analysis to help you increase the energy centers that you rated lowest in. By understanding what thoughts or issues may cause a chakra to stagnate (not develop fully) is key in helping you gain more self-knowledge.
The statements below are to help you in your own self-analysis. These questions are for you to reflect on and if you feel that you may be having problems in certain areas then try bringing in color through different methods (See Chakra Energy: Ways to Energize Your Chakras).
For more information or further advice read books on the chakra system (see below for some books that I recommend) or visit a professional aura and chakra counsellor (qualified aura/chakra therapists are trained counsellors such as Aurastar 2000 practitioners or a medical intuitives). Also chakra tools can be found on many sites that sell metaphysical products. One of my favorites is www.chakracompany.com
These questions are connected to your Red Root chakra power.
The Root chakra is your main power station and it is connected to your physical vitality and endurance, mental perseverance and it is the center that gives you your life’s passion. The root center is also your connection to your existence.
Issues to review are:
- Are you physically fit?
- Was there or is there currently any abuse (physical or verbal) in your life?
- Are you able to put your thoughts into action?
- Do you accomplish most of your goals?
- Are money and a home very important to you?
- Have you had any recent thoughts of self-destruction?
Ways to bring in the RED energy and boost your Root chakra power are:
- Incorporate physical activities such as an exercise program or yoga.
- Eat red foods and consume red drinks.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as sandalwood, ylang ylang or juniper (consult a specially trained aromatherapist or aura counselor to find the right oils for your specific chakra needs). Note: Every therapeutic oil or essence has its own healing power that can help with specific issues relating to each chakra.
- Stimulating music with deep beats such as drums or music that makes your body move like Latin American music. (Many metaphysical outlets have diversified selections of chakra music.)
- Wear or carry a red gemstones. Red stones would be Red Tiger’s Eye, Garnet, Red Jasper or Ruby.
- Bathe in the red color in your clothing, Color Bath™, decor, art, etc.
These questions are connected to your Orange Spleen chakra power.
The Spleen chakra is your sensing power station, connecting you to your feeling sensitivities. It is the center that allows you to live consciously, in the "now." The spleen center is also the link to your enthusiasm, happiness and joyyour inner-child.
Issues to review are:
- Are you emotionally stable or do your emotions go from one extreme to another?
- Do you try to hide or control your feelings?
- Is your inner child still alive, enthusiastic and uninhibited?
- Can you think outside of the box or is your creative perception restricted?
- Are your sexual relationships mutual and respectful, and can you be totally comfortable with your partner with no limitations such as frigidity or impotence?
- Do you feel disconnected from reality and do you have a difficult living in the present moment?
Ways to bring in the ORANGE energy and boost your Spleen chakra power are:
- Hot aromatic baths. Water aerobics. Deep tissue massage. Emotional movies. Cooking classes. Embracing sensation (such as different food tastes).
- Eat orange foods and consume orange drinks.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Melissa, Orange, Mandarin, Neroli, Tangerine.
- Music with a bounce or that flows (running water, thunderstorms, etc.). Harp.
- Wear or carry an orange gemstone or copper piece. Orange stones would be Coral or Carnelian.
- Bathe in the orange color in your clothing, Color Bath, decor, art, etc.
These questions are connected to your Yellow Solar Plexus chakra power.
The Yellow chakra is your mental awareness, which connects you to your mind power. It is the center that governs your ability to learn and comprehend. The solar plexus center is known to govern your ego and your will power. It is the sun center that emits optimism and confidence.
Issues to review are:
- Are you too flexible and are your focus and concentration abilities poor?
- Do you lack confidence that you are overly concerned with what other people think?
- Are your thoughts clouded so that you have a difficult time making decisions?
- Do you take on too much responsibility because you think you know best?
- Are you a perfectionist and prefer to do things yourself?
- Are you afraid to be alone?
Ways to bring in the YELLOW energy and boost your Solar Plexus chakra power are:
- Taking classes, reading informative books, doing mind puzzles. Developing one's photographic memory. Sunshine. Detoxification programs.
- Eat yellow foods and consume yellow beverages.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Rosemary, Lemon, Grapefruit, Bergamot.
- Music that is mentally stimulating such as chimes. Reed and Horn Instruments.
- Wear or carry a yellow gemstone or something gold. Yellow stones would be Citrine, Amber, Topaz.
- Bathe in the yellow color in your clothing, Color Bath, decor, art, etc.
These questions are connected to your Green Heart chakra power.
The Green chakra is your heart power station, connecting you to your emotions. It is the center that allows you to love and give unconditionally. The heart center governs your relationships. It is the energy center that integrates one's physical reality to one's spiritual connection.
Issues to review are:
- Do you accept yourself for who you are or do you lack self-love?
- Do you feel that you are not worthy of living life fully or do you feel stifled (feel a lack of freedom in your life)?
- Are you indecisive because you can't make up your mind?
- Do you have a hard time saying "no" to people?
- Do you have a fear of being rejected or abandoned?
- Are you envious and jealous of what other people have?
Ways to bring in the GREEN energy and boost your Heart chakra power are:
- Nature hikes. Spending time with family or friends. Surrounding yourself with plants. Gardening. Taking self-love courses. Reading romantic novels or watching romantic movies. Candlelight dinners.
- Eat green foods and consume green drinks.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Eucalyptus, Pine, Tea Tree, Spearmint, Cedarwood.
- Music that has the sounds of nature.
- Wear or carry a green gemstone. Green stones would be Aventurine, Emerald, Jade, Malachite, Peridot.
- Bathe in the green color in your clothing, Color Bath, decor, art, etc.
These questions are connected to your Blue Throat chakra power.
The Blue chakra is your communication power station. It is the center that handles incoming and outgoing messages. It is through this center that we voice our opinions and our truths.
Issues to review are:
- Are you able to express yourself and your beliefs (voice your inner truth)?
- Do you have the ability to trust others without doubt?
- Do you have good organization and planning skills?
- Are you able to free yourself of old family values, beliefs and commitments especially regarding their relationship to responsibility?
- Are you concerned with financial security and having nice possessions?
- Are you shy and have difficulty communicating yourself or are you too talkative?
Ways to bring in the BLUE energy and boost your throat chakra power are:
- Singing (in the shower) and toning. Poetry, stamp or art collecting. Meaningful conversations. Taking self-development courses. Attending church or spiritual functions. Journaling. Neck and shoulder rolls.
- Eat blue foods and consume blue beverages.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Geranium, Chamomile, Peppermint, Mint, Cypress.
- Music that is repetitive, such as echoes or sounds of ocean waves.
- Wear or carry a blue gemstone. Blue stones would be Sodalite, Lapis Lazuli, Sapphire, Blue Agate.
- Bathe in the blue color in your clothing, Color Bath, decor, art, etc.
These questions are connected to your Indigo Brow chakra power.
The Indigo chakra is your intuitive intelligence. It is the center that taps into the universal consciousness. Through the third-eye you can see things from a psychic potential.
Issues to review are:
- Do you trust your intuition and insights?
- Are you able to develop your psychic and intuitive abilities?
- Can you release your fears and anxieties or do you hang on to negative thoughts?
- Are you able to balance your imagination and fantasy realm with reality?
- Do you tend to feel lonely or are you often depressed?
- Are you unable to give yourself credit because you lack self-pride?
Ways to bring in the INDIGO energy and boost your Brow chakra power are:
- Star gazing. Eye rolls. Meditation Developing one's intuition and psychic abilities.
- Eat indigo foods and consume indigo drinks.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Patchouli, Frankincense, Myrrh.
- Music such as Mozart or Bach. Chanting (OM).
- Wear or carry an indigo gemstone or silver jewelry. Indigo stones are Amethyst, Tourmaline, Tanzanite.
- Bathe in the indigo color in your clothing, Color Bath, decor, art, etc.
These questions are connected to your Violet Crown chakra power.
The Violet chakra is your spiritual connection. This chakra links you to the cosmos so you can reach your higher potential. It is the energy of knowingness and enlightenment.
Issues to review are:
- Are you dedicated to the Divine consciousness?
- Do you trust the universe and your spiritual reality?
- Are you able to equally balance your spirituality with your ability to stay grounded?
- Do you allow the universal energy to flow through you so that you have an unlimited creative energy source?
- Are you able to integrate you intuitive energy with your intellectyour feminine energy with your masculine energy?
- Do you lack faith because you prefer to believe in your own abilities?
Ways to bring in the VIOLET energy and boost your Crown chakra power are:
- Focusing on dreams and writing down one's visions and inventions. Quiet contemplation, meditation and yoga. Listening to guided meditation tapes. Taking spiritual courses.
- Eat violet foods and consume violet beverages.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Lavender, Jasmine, Magnolia.
- Silence is the violet inspiration's music. Crystal Bowls.
- Wear or carry a violet gemstone. Violet stones would be Quartz Crystal, Diamond.
- Bathe in the violet color in your clothing, Color Bath, decor, art, etc.
||Knowledge. Belongs to the sixth chakra which is located between the eyebrows. Referred to as the third eye or brow chakra.
||Untouched. The fourth chakra localized in the heart. Known as the heart chakra.
||A distinctive atmosphere surrounding a person or thing. A luminous radiation which emanates from all living matters. An energy field that interpenetrates with and radiates out beyond the physical and which is made up of different vibrations or frequencies. Also referred to as our subtle energy field or our electromagnetic energy field.
||A Sanskrit word meaning "wheel." One of the energy centers within the body. The main function of a chakra is to act as a transformer for the higher frequency subtle energies of the aura.
||The nutritive subtle energy taken in during breathing. Also referred to as prana or ki.
||The ability to see the aura with its colours, thought forms, shapes, etc. Clairvoyant abilities are mediated through the use of the brow chakra.
||A synergistic approach that deals with the whole of a human (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects) to maintain optimum health.
||Chosen learning process, effect.
||The awakening or sleeping "serpent power." Located in the root chakra. Energy for spiritual growth. The flowering of all seven chakras awakens the Kundalini, bringing cosmic consciousness. The power that rises from the base chakra to the crown.
||Words of Power. A sounded meditation used for manifestation.
||The highest point or stage of development. Body energy flows in specific pathways, which is referred to as meridians.
||City of Jewels or Lustrous Gem. The third chakra located over the navel under the chest. Also known as the solar plexus chakra.
||Root or Support. The first chakra located at the end of the spine referred to as the root or base chakra.
||An ancient Indic language that is the language of Hinduism and the Vedas and the classical literary language of India.
||Thousandfold. The seventh chakra localized on the top of your head also referred to as the crown chakra.
||Sweetness or One's Own Abode. The second chakra-hara chakra. Also referred to as the spleen or navel chakra.
||Purity. The fifth chakra located in the throat and referred to as the throat chakra.
||A general term that denotes energy that exists outside our physical reality.
||One's higher consciousness.
||Refers to subtle or electromagnetic energy in varying frequencies and amplitudes.
- ABC's of Chakra Therapy by Deedre Diemer
- Chakra for Beginners by David Pond
- Healing with Energy of the Chakras by Ambika Wauters
- Pocket Guide to Chakras by Joy Gardner Gordon
- The Truth About Chakras by Anodea Judith
- Using Your Chakras: A New Approach to Healing Your Life by Ruth White
- Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System by Anodea Judith
Thank you for visiting www.chakraenergy.com and please share this website information to enlighten a friend.